When one is looking at adopting a pet, one should have considered what type of pet you are looking for (i.e. size, breed, sex, temperament etc). Its important to remember that a pet is a life-long commitment, and not just a passing phase.
Our “pets up for adoption” photo album boasts all the animals presently in our care. We have purebred and mix breeds available. Browse through the gallery of adoptable dogs and cats on our website, www.animalprotection.co.za
- Complete the APN Application for Adoption form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your application for adoption was successful, we will arrange a property inspection to ensure that the property is secure, has enough space, suitable shelter etc.
- Once the home check was successful, APN will let you know the outcome and if you didn’t apply for a specific pet, APN will give you information on the available pets and arrange a meet and greet. Pets are strictly on a first-come first-served basis as pets are not booked in advance.
- Once all the above criteria has been met, APN will provide you with the Adoption Agreement and the Adoption Fee becomes due.
- The Adoption Fee will be R700 per dog and R350 per cat (subject to change) and includes the vaccination, deworming, sterilisation and chipping of the pet.
A sterilisation clause will be added to the Adoption Agreement in the event that the pet is younger than 6 months and arrangements will be made for the pet to be brought to the Brackenhurst Vet at 6 months of age for this procedure. The adoptive pet owner will need to bring the pet to the Brackenhurst Vet when required at their own cost.
- The adoptive parent is required to ensure that the pet is vaccinated, dewormed, sterilized and chipped as per the following at the Brackenhurst Vet:
Vaccinations: 6 weeks; 10 weeks; 14 weeks; and Annually.
Deworming: 2 weeks; 4 weeks; 6 weeks; 8 weeks; once a month till 6 months of age; and every 3 months.
Sterilisation: 6 months.
Chipping: As soon as possible after acquiring pet.