Our Mission is to save shelter animals, unwanted and streets dogs, cats, and other animals in need – one animal at a time. (Alberton area at this stage only).
Animal Protection Network – Alberton is a registered organisation NPC No: 2017/126811/08 that is involved in the rescue of abandoned, neglected and abused animals. Animal Protection Network was opened as a rescue group of volunteers in 2017 because of the belief that all animals deserve a second chance in life and that healthy animals should not be killed just because they are unwanted.
Animal Protection Network – Alberton is a registered non-profit rescue organisation devoted to the rescue and re-homing of lost, abandoned and neglected animals. APN does it’s best with the resources it has to treat, vaccinate, sterilise, and re-home all its rescues into loving, permanent homes. APN also assists with feeding schemes in the area and aims to educate people on how to look after domestic pets.
The organisation’s main objectives are:
- To act as an animal welfare group who is concerned with the health, safety and psychological wellness of animals.
- To identify individuals and/or animals in need;
- To identify and ascertain whether those individuals and/or animals in need are living in shelters, on the street or in poor living conditions;
- Once those individuals and/or animals have been identified, a comprehensive needs assessment is completed to determine the next course of action.
- If an animal is surrendered to APN, the animal is treated at the vet, placed in a foster home, and a permanent home is then found.
Kindly note: only posts relating to animals in the Alberton area permitted (unless admin approved). The following suburbs fall under the Alberton Area:
• Alberton ext.
• Alberton North
• Alrode South
• General Albertspark
• Mayberry Park
• New Market
• New Redruth
• South Crest
Our Executive Committee Members are:
- General Manager – Samanta Stelli (Director)
- Operational Manager – Sharon Huson (Director)
- Rescue Manager – Field Work – Zuerina Venter (Director)
- Strategic Manager – Simon Repanis (Director)
- SAPS Liaison Officer – Capt. Antoinette Foord
- Head – Animal Welfare – Petro Lottering
- Head – Reptile Care – Andre (AJ) Pretorius
- Head – Cat Feeding Scheme – Sally Pinto
- Fund Raising – Despina Kandralidis
- Fund Raising – Chris Santangelo
- Yvonne Doyle
- Jessica Cox
- Miguel De Matos